56 Chat: The New Level
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous & Inspirational Quotes

3 posters

Go down

Famous & Inspirational Quotes Empty Famous & Inspirational Quotes

Post by Sceinic Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. ~Steven D. Woodhull

It is singular how soon we lose the impression of what ceases to be constantly before us. A year impairs, a luster obliterates. There is little distinct left without an effort of memory, then indeed the lights are rekindled for a moment - but who can be sure that the Imagination is not the torch-bearer? ~Lord Byron

Self-respect cannot be hunted. It cannot be purchased. It is never for sale. It cannot be fabricated out of public relations. It comes to us when we are alone, in quiet moments, in quiet places, when e suddenly realize that, knowing the good, we have done it; knowing the beautiful, we have served it; knowing the truth we have spoken it. ~Whitney Griswold

It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When a man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime. ~Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones

This one's for Cam: There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go. ~Author Unknown

Deciding whether or not to trust a person is like deciding whether or not to climb a tree, because you might get a wonderful view from the highest branch, or you might simply get covered in sap, and for this reason many people choose to spend their time alone and indoors, where it is harder to get a splinter. ~Lemony Snicket

We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland
Sceinic
Sceinic
Odd one out
Odd one out

Location : In my bedroom; where else could I be on the computer?

Back to top Go down

Famous & Inspirational Quotes Empty Re: Famous & Inspirational Quotes

Post by camcam9999 Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:45 pm

i got some “I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.”
- Missy Altijd

“God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.”
- Author Unknown

“To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.”
- Bess Myerson

“Love is unconditional, relationships are not.”
- Grant Gudmundson

“Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”
- Jean de La Fontaine

“It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can't live without you.”
- Author Unknown

“God is closest to those with broken hearts.”
- Jewish Saying

“Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light.”
- Jean Giraudoux

“Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.”
- Lamartine

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
- Marcus Aurelius

“...Lost in your heart, lost in your eyes
Lost every day, no map to follow
Entire days, weeks, a blur
Flickers of light, in the darkness,
Only to be enveloped in shadows once more...”
- Peter Winstanley

“In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.”
- Mignon McLaughlin

“What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.”
- Richard Wilbur

“A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.”
- Author Unknown

“Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again.”
- Rosa Parks

“I hate the day, because it lendeth light
To see all things, but not my love to see.”
- Edmund Spenser

“Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.”
- Author Unknown

“If we must part forever,
Give me but one kind word to think upon,
And please myself with, while my heart's breaking.”
- Thomas Otway

“Walking, working, barely breathing
My thoughts, far away
Heart aching, mind racing
Sleep does not come easily, nor last long...”
- Peter Winstanley

“If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.”
- Unknown Author